Last night, I came across the cooking site “The Comfort of Cooking” (via TheNest.com) which has some really tasty-looking recipes accompanied by some amazing imagery (I really need to upgrade to a better camera-DSLR, maybe?). Coming home from the gym, I always feel like I’m starving. So, I looked for something easy to throw together for dinner and the ‘Summer Stir Fry’ popped up. Who doesn’t love a good stir fry, especially one with fresh, healthy ingredients?
Luckily, I already had all of the ingredients on-hand (happy dance!) :
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 25-30 whole shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails left on
- 2 whole zucchini, sliced on a slight diagonal
- 2 ears corn, kernels sliced off
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, halved
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley/basil/cilantro, if desired
- **Crushed red pepper flakes (Not a part of the recipe, but I added since I love spicy food)
- **Jasmine rice or Brown rice (This wasn’t included in the recipe either, but I added for a little more substance)
To see how to make this delicious recipe, click here.
I am happy to report the dish was very easy to prepare, it’s super colorful and full of flavor. This recipe yielded more than enough to bring for today’s lunch. This will definitely be added to my list of quick and easy meals — very pleasing to the taste buds.
What are some of your favorite recipes, that are easy to pull together quickly? Please share!
(Image taken by Alexis Young)